Creighton Prep Alumni Soccer League 2018
View League Rules
The summer of 2018 will be the 5th edition of the most prestigious summer soccer league in the civilized world. Matt Gorman '09 has graciously volunteered to take over as Commissioner. Let's take a second to thank Andrew Hasebroock '08 (firstname.lastname@example.org) for all his hard work and dedication making this league as fun and exciting as it is. As you know, the dollars raised for this league have helped soccer programs get off the ground and has allowed kids to participate in something they love. For the 5th straight year, we will continue to use the proceeds to benefit the upstart middle school programs at Jesuit Academy, Holy Name and Police Athletics for Community Engagement (P.A.C.E.). The dates for games this summer will be as follows:
- June 3, 10, 17, 24
- July 8, 15, 22, 29
- Playoffs 1st Round: August 5th
- Playoffs Semifinals and Finals: August 12th
1) Schedule: Games are at 5, 6, 7, and 8 pm on Sunday nights. There are two leagues, divided by talent level, with 8 teams each. Official schedule will be sent out to Captains the week before the first game. At the mid-point in the season, Relegations and Promotions for the top JV League team and lowest-ranked Varsity league team will leave the schedule subject to change. (coming soon)
2) Captain responsibilities: coordinate with teammates and make sure you have a team there every week. 6 field players, 1 goalie. E-mail in advance if you know you will have to forfeit! Or else, you can borrow a few subs on game day. Additionally, any help with set-up and clean up is always appreciated.
3) Rules: See link above.
4) Awards: Trophies, yes, TROPHIES, will etch your team roster into history. Additionally, $50 gift cards will go to the teams winning the tournaments for you to enjoy some victory beers. Individual awards: $25 gift cards to leading scorers from both leagues.
5) Cost: $150 per team, with proceeds supporting registration and equipment costs for partnered middle school soccer programs.
See you on the pitch!
- Commissioner Matt Gorman '09 email@example.com (402-639-7811) or Alumni Director Max Huerter firstname.lastname@example.org (402-517-2659) with questions, comments or concerns.