Clubs & Activities
< back to page list
- Mock Trial
Mock Trial is an academic competition, conducted by the Nebraska State Bar Association State Center for Law-Related Education for the Public. Led by a faculty-moderator and attorney coach, students take on the roles of the Witnesses as well as the Prosecuting and Defending Attorneys.
Mock trial is open to freshmen through seniors, with or without experience. We practice two to three times per week from mid-September through October. Competition trials run from mid-October through November at the Douglas County Courthouse. The state competition is in early December. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact Mr. Mike Shreves at email@example.com.
- Young Democrats
Creighton Prep Young Democrats
The Creighton Prep Young Democrats is an organization for all Prep students who are interested in politics and in the political process in the United States and in the state of Nebraska. We discuss campaigns on the local, state and national level. We examine the political philosophy of both major political parties. We compare the major positions of all serious candidates for public office. We emphasize the positions of the candidates of the Democratic Party and encourage participation in local campaigning. We serve as an outlet for local campaigns looking for student volunteers.
The Goals and Objectives of the Creighton Prep Young Democrats are:
- To find out what it means to be a Democrat.
- To identify and discuss both liberal and conservative positions politicians take on issues facing our country.
- To invite guest speakers who have been or currently are active in the Party.
- To work for the local, state, and national Party and the candidates running for office.
- To get more Prep students actively involved in politics.
- To establish a network with other high school/university Young Democrats.
If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact Mr. Greg Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr. Dave Powers at email@example.com.
- Young Republicans
“Republicans have a long and rich history with basic principles: Individuals, not government, can make the best decisions; all people are entitled to equal rights; and decisions are best made close to home.”
Our purpose as a political club at Creighton prep is to provide a platform for healthy discussion, debate, community, volunteerism, and leadership possibilities that are centered around the values of the Republican Party. These values include:
- Defending Our Nation, Supporting Our Heroes, Securing the Peace
- Reforming Government to Serve the People
- Expanding Opportunity to Promote Prosperity
- Energy Independence and Security
- Environment Protection
- Health Care Reform: Putting Patients First
- Education Means a More Competitive America
- Protecting Our Families
The Goals and Objectives of the Creighton Prep Young Republicans are
- To develop an aggressive, intelligent, and optimistic association
- To bring young people into the Republican Party and to provide them an opportunity for political expression and recognition
- To train young people as effective political leaders
- To support the official platform of the Republic National Convention and the principles upon which our nation was founded as articulated in the US Constitution
- To bring young people into the political process and keep them abreast of political events and opportunities to get involved in the political process
- To hold social events for politically like-minded individuals in Douglas County
If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact Mrs. Kim Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.