Financial Assistance -
Class of 2020/Transfer Students
Financial assistance is available as follows:
- Academic Scholarships
- Archdiocesan Aid Grants
- Prep Financial Aid Grants
- Work Grants
Several Academic Scholarships are available to students based on the January Entrance Exam scores. Top scorers who take the Entrance Exam on the first day it is given will be considered for Academic Scholarships to Creighton Preparatory School. It is highly recommended that students take the Entrance Exam at the school they will most likely attend in the fall if they want to qualify for Academic Scholarships.
Many parishes in the Omaha area offer some financial assistance to students attending Catholic high schools. Contact your parish for information.
ARCHDIOCESAN AID GRANTS
The Archdiocese of Omaha has financial assistance available for students. Families who complete the FACTS financial aid application process and meet the income criteria set forth by the Archdiocese will be considered for financial assistance.
PREP FINANCIAL AID GRANTS
Based on the needs of the student's family, additional financial aid grants may be available to assist with tuition costs.
Here is an example of financial assistance for a freshman:
|Financial Aid Grants||$2,500|
|Total Tuition Due||$6,290|
As far back as 1911, Prep has provided jobs at school to help students pay their tuition. Only freshmen and sophomore students who qualify for financial aid will receive a Work Grant in the form of a $1,000 credit to their tuition. The student must complete 100 hours of work at school to fulfill the Work Grant. For more information, contact Mary McGuire or 402-548-3848.
Financial Aid Application Process
Financial aid applications are due January 29, 2016. Financial information is submitted to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment. This information is used by Creighton Prep to determine financial need and to allocate aid. There is a $30.00 application fee per family.
Click HERE to apply for financial aid for the 2016/2017 school year.
If you have questions or concerns regarding financial aid or the application process, please contact Joyce Meyers at 402-548-3859 or by email: email@example.com
Important Dates for Financial Aid
Incoming freshmen (Class of 2020) and students new to Prep:
- November 2, 2015 – Application process begins
- January 29, 2016 - Financial aid applications are due.
- February 2016 – We will begin sending financial aid packages to the families of accepted students who have completed all the necessary financial aid steps through early application. Please note: Late applications will be accepted; however, financial aid amounts may be affected. Please submit application as soon as possible.
- April 15, 2016 – 2015 IRS tax return copy due to FACTS (applies to families who receive financial aid from Prep)