Creighton Preparatory School is accepting applications for a guidance counselor for the 2015/16 school year. The counseling and guidance services at Creighton Prep are an integral part of the total education program. The purpose is to support the spiritual, intellectual, and personal maturation of each student. Preference will be given to those applicants with a valid Nebraska Teaching Certificate with the School Counselor Endorsement. A Master’s Degree in school counseling is required.
Responsibilities of Counselor:
- Implement the high school guidance curriculum through delivery of classroom units and infusion in content areas;
- Guide individuals and groups of students through the development of educational and career plans;
- Counsel individuals and small groups of students with problems;
- Consult with teachers, staff and parents regarding the developmental needs of students.
- Refer students with problems to appropriate program specialists or community agencies.
- Participate in, coordinate and conduct activities that contribute to the effective operation of the counseling program and school;
- Follow policies and procedures as stated in the Creighton Prep School 2014-2015 Faculty Handbook.
Contact Steve Wertzberger, Guidance Department Director, for more information.